View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 08:12 AM   #18
sygfrid
FT8Syg

Drives: `12 FRS & `17 BRZ Inazuma
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I used to have a 2013 FRS with Bilstein B6 + TRD springs (approx. 1.1" drop). Ride was significantly sportier & more comfortable than stock. However, with the different (Verus & the JDM) underpanels I added for drag reduction & downforce, I was scraping the underbody on slightly higher ramps & humps whenever I was loaded with other passengers & luggage.

Now on my `17 BRZ, I have Bilstein B6+ RCE Yellows that are about 0.8" drop. Though I also reinstalled all those underpanel covers, that 0.2" height increase makes a huge difference as I no longer scrape & the ride is even sportier than with the TRD springs. IMO, this is the perfect DAILY setup. It's a little investment to last the car's lifetime.

Check racecomengineering.com if they're still selling the Bilstein B6+RCE Yellows combo to save some money than buying them separately. Perhaps you can ask them if they can assemble the shocks & springs before delivery. Another option is to get RCE coilovers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotoad View Post
I recently bought a 2013 BRZ with only 34,000 miles on it so of course it’s my project car! How does any of u guys recommend I drop it 1” to 1-1/2” the cheapest but without future problems? I have a set of unopened spring compression clamps and could use them, with a follow up alignment of course! But… I’m new to this car and love it!… therefore don’t want to go cheap if it’s gonna be at the future expense of the integrity of my baby!! Hehe I just want it to sit a little lower.
Modding for daily fun & efficiency: Gruppe-S UEL, HKS dual res. FP, STi Per. Muffler, Delicious T. Ecutek tune, Crawford BPB, Grimmspeed CAI, STi Flex T. Bar, TRD Door Stabilizer, DSS aluminum propeller shaft, Verus diffuser & underbody covers, Verus LCA, Perrin bushings, Bilstein B6+RCE Yellows, Michelin PS4S + 18" WedsSport TC105X-summer, Michelin Alpin PA4 +18" Motegi MR140-winter
sygfrid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sygfrid For This Useful Post:
Racecomp Engineering (02-06-2022)