Old 12-14-2021, 09:09 PM   #610
captain awesome
Wears Pants

Drives: 14 FRS K24 swap - SOLD
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebush View Post
I forgot all about the MPG thing (been driving my 98 civic for the last 9 months). I had only been watching the actual miles since last fill up since I was curious what type of mileage I got. Somehow I managed to get less than 15mpg if I used the full 13.2 gallons. Which seems like I did since I put 11.8 in at the pump plus a 2 gallon jug.

I’ll keep an eye on the gauge this week. Maybe once I get down to a half tank I’ll grab a few gallons of gas in a jug incase I run out and then drive until I get to a 1/4 tank and fill up.

I normally don't pay attention to it, but when I was flipping through the display to set my trip meters on first fill up it was real wacky. It's stayed that way this whole time. I ended up right at 20 mpg actual pump fill to trip meter. I have driven a lot of highway but have been romping on it quite a bit so not too surprised. I think at best I usually got like 27 if I was taking it easy on the fa20.

I don't know what could be effecting the gauge though as I think that's CAN signal and the OEM stuff still at play. We don't have anything set in the base map for fuel level sensor, but maybe there is something with the fuel pump ECU being bypassed causing it?
captain awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to captain awesome For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (12-14-2021)