Old 12-14-2021, 07:09 PM   #607
captain awesome
Wears Pants

Drives: 14 FRS K24 swap - SOLD
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebush View Post
I ran out of gas today with the cluster showing 1/4 tank. I had gone 195 miles since my last fill up. Of course I didn’t know I was out of gas, so I tore apart the interior and engine bay to check all connections, all while parked on a busy street in front of the post office. Was very fun.

After trying numerous things for nearly an hour, and even checking my gauge to verify it showed 1/4 tank, my brother said maybe your out of gas. Told him no, turned my key and at that point it was way below empty. Added gas from a 2 gallon jug and then went to the gas station and added 11.8 more. Never seen the car take this much before.

I don’t think this is an issue on my end or with my car, it’s a 2017 and I bought it new 5 years ago. Never had an issue before. So just be careful if you’ve gone 200 miles and at 1/4 tank, it could be false. I’ll talk with kpower and see if they had any issues or forgot to add a line in the book..

I’ll look through the Haltech and see if there is fuel info in there.
Weird. I’m about to roll up on 150 miles. Was your MPG readings crazy like mine? Mine says avg of 44 and like 122 overall or something silly like that.
captain awesome is offline   Reply With Quote