Old 05-13-2021, 02:14 PM   #23067
MJones_RB

Drives: Scion FR-S Series 10 #2462
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
Been a busy couple weeks. Pulled the car in the garage for an oil change, and while I was at it...*
  • Cusco transmission mount collar
  • MTEC shifter and clutch springs
  • Cusco steering rack bushings (which I almost dorked up because I was in a hurry)
  • RCE Yellows and Bilstein B6s

Car doesn't look that different, but the handling and feel is TRANSFORMED. The trans mount collar came with a fairly significant amount of NVH, but I don't hate it. Sounds more Race Car without being obnoxious. The shifter and clutch springs tightened everything up, and feel like it should have from the factory all along.

The steering rack bushings were a pleasant surprise. I thought the steering was quick before... Now it's practically telepathic.

The springs and shocks are super interesting as well. Combined with some crash bolts for a little negative camber (-1.1°), the understeer is GREATLY diminished, and the front end feels super planted on corner entry now. Corner exit, the rear is a little flighty, but I need to play with it a little to understand what's going on and maybe adjust my style a little.

The ride quality is the interesting part. The car is noticeably lower and firmer, yet the ride is somehow less harsh. It's like you feel more of the road, but the chassis is still more composed than on the stock bits. A well-sorted kit from @Racecomp Engineering, and highly recommended!

*Actually several sessions, so I could feel the difference of the mods independently, because I'm a nerd.
Looks clean! The only thing I'd recommend, in keeping the stock rims, would be some 20mm spacers to push them out to the edge. Won't effect ride quality or feel but really improves the stance without any fear of rubbing.
MJones_RB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MJones_RB For This Useful Post:
Cephas (05-13-2021)