View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 10:25 AM   #1028
sly

Drives: 2016 Cosworth 2.2 BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc209 View Post
My coolant sits very low when im just cruising at 75Mph on the motorway, ~74-75C in the summer which does not help oil to water coolers as theyll be over cooling in my experience, not as badly as oil to air obviously but still struggled to get oil above 80C.
Sounds like you have the wrong thermostat. This happened to me when I installed stage 1.0. My car would never heat up properly and I didn't get much heat in the wintertime. The proper Cosworth stat is supposed to open at 169 degrees F. You can check it by heating a pot of water and measuring the temp, recording when the thermostat opens. My first one was much too low.

I contacted Cosworth and they sent me a replacement and now my car heats up to about 1/3 on the gauge and I have plenty of heat. If I remember correctly, the thermostat I originally had was for a Mitsubishi and it was shipped with the Cosworth package by mistake.

Here is the thread where I had the problem with the stat: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...ght=thermostat
sly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sly For This Useful Post:
nikitopo (05-14-2018)