View Single Post
Old 08-14-2021, 12:08 PM   #5727
pogofx

Drives: 2018 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So how Rich are you tunes, specifically soot build up?

I'm tuned on OFT with Shiv. Yes....I know EcuTek is probably with way to go...got it...and I plan on going that route this year. I already had the OFT and figured I give it a try with a plan to switch to EcuTek at some point. I initially had not planned on FI.

I have a lot a soot build up on the back of the car. On startup, sometimes with the moisture in the exhaust, it will spit some black soot out on ground, leaving something to clean up. Realizing that the rich tune is on the safe side, and I'm okay with that, but after about 10K miles, it just seems a little too much on the rich side based on the soot alone. With a white car its even more obvious. The car has run very well and I've had no issues and have driven several autocross's. The only hiccup it can encounter is if I inadvertently load the engine up by getting on the throttle at low rpm in too high of gear. I will occasionally get a hiccup or hesitation at 2.5K rpm. I avoid driving like this, bogging the engine, since it not good anyway, but sometimes it happens.

I did about 9 revisions on the tune with Shiv and mentioned how rich it seemed. In the end, he said everything looked about perfect. My Mazdaspeed 3 was pretty rich, but this has that beat. So tell me about your soot or lack there of.
pogofx is offline   Reply With Quote