Old 08-28-2013, 04:31 PM   #14994
chrisbfrs
2012 car of the year

Drives: Frontengine Reardrive-Sportcar
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsuns03 View Post
Tints are fine here in az as long as it's not 10pct on your front windshield. License plate lights I have no clue

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4
Actually 15 % is the darkest you can go on your driver and passenger window. The windows in rear door and hatchback / rear window are allowed to go as dark as you want.
As for the windshield....you are not allowed to have any tint on the windshield. Most tint places won't do it, some will but say they aren't liable of you get pulled over.
On my Trans Am, I had 45% on the windshield and 5% rest of the way. I never got pulled over for it, but I would always roll windows down if I was driving next to johnny law.
So if a cop wants to you can be pulled over and given a fix it ticket for dark tint.
Also it's the cops discretion on the lights and tint if they feel like stopping you....most dont care....but some do.
If you get a fix it ticket from the lights and feel you are not in the wrong take pictures of the lights amd present them to judge.
I got out of a ticket for not having license plate light because one of the 2 lights was burnt out. I took pics of my one still working LP light and showed Judge.
A funny thing that happened was the cop wrote on citation that I had no LP light, but the code for the violation he put down was for having wrong colored tail lights....The judge said he clearly sees red tail lights, yellow turn signals, and a white license plate light and that there is no violation here. So he dropped the case and even called the officer out for writing wrong violation down.

The officer that ticketed me was sitting behind me before the judge came in and I overheard him telling another cop that this is a waste of time for him and how "these people" just need to show their receipt for what they had fixed.
When he pulled me over and brought me out of car I asked of o could show him how one side of plate has a light but he just wanted to harrass me about my tattoos. Then brought k9 unit to search my car and said its standard procedure. Bull....ive never had k9 unit on any standard roadside pull over procedure. They didn't find anything because there was nothing illegal in my car....yet they said the K9 was "hitting" on the bushes next to my car, and they asked if I threw something out my window. Stupid cops were right behind me and my window was up. They would have seen me if I did. I said i have nothing to hide and to search the bushes of they want.
So since they couldnt get me for anything they gave me the ticket for no LP light.
Now who wasted who's time here?

Moderninktattoos.com