View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 11:32 PM   #24
Impureclient
Banned

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 2,903 Times in 1,282 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
@BEZO760, get that camera. Lightning might not usually strike twice in the same spot but if it does the camera will catch them.
I just got mine all hard wired in last night and tonight did it's maiden test voyage. I snuck around back of the car and patted on the bumper and then it started recording.
If it's in the front of the car, it also automatically catches that as soon as whoever/whatever gets in view of the camera by it's motion capture.
Since it is only front facing the back end is still vulnerable but the camera does have a 170 degree view.

For now I am manually turning it full off when in the garage with the power button on it and outside leaving it on with that parking mode armed. This way all day long driving and when parked,
it's capturing everything but at night when sitting inside and not needing security, it's not draining the battery at all.

Front and rear seem the way to go and if they had a 4k front and rear together that would be the way for sure. Since they don't and if money isn't to tight the two separate
4k ones, or any cam for that matter, have almost a 360 view of the car. Nobody sells a front rear that doesn't anything better than 1080p for the rear facing.

My issue is I have 5% tint on the back windows so a second one inside is not going to fully work. At night, no camera is catching much through there. Day would be OK though.
I am currently looking for a higher resolution one for outside that would be small enough to be kind of unnoticeable like a back up camera.
My back up camera is placed right below the reverse light on the bumper a couple inches from the ground. If it's possible to get the same kind of thing like that, that would be most ideal.

If you don't have tint in rear(can't see with your pics), that front/rear one here: https://www.amazon.com/Vantrue-Capac...s%2C176&sr=8-6 would be my choice if the highest resolution didn't matter to you.
It looks like all the same features but in 1080 front and the rear. In fact if that rear one could be mounted outside, that would be what I would have gotten.
Looking at the video RToyo86 posted up there, 1080 looks pretty good still.
If you do go with any of those through Amazon, make sure you use the "Save an extra $20.00 when you apply this coupon" thing they have by the price. I also got the extra $30 off from a guy
who makes Youtube reviews video and posted that extra $30 off in his video description to make it go from $200 to the $150.
Then figure in another $50 for a big SD card and hardwire kit to get use of the parking mode.

Upon further research and thinking of wanting front/rear that can be outside a motorcycle camera system would probably be best. It's missing the park mode though and only 1080 front/rear but something this actually makes the most sense for tinted windows to have one or this case both outside the car: https://www.amazon.com/WonVon-Motorc...a-787505808840
Impureclient is offline   Reply With Quote