wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goingnowherefast View Post
I mostly do road course racing not drag stuff, but I think you'll find benefits going to real actually decent coilovers. You're on the Flex Z or Street Basis Z's right? If so, going to coilovers that have decent damping (you want 2 way adjustable for drag) and better travel will make a massive difference. As far as spring rate goes, I only know what makes you go fast on track, but the same general methodology should apply which is buy coilovers with an easily swappable springs and start testing. Being that you're car is probably much different weight distribution than compared to a stock 86, you'll want to change up spring rates anyways.

As for drag racing alignment, here's where I would start:

Front Toe - Zero Toe
Front Caster - 6-8 Degrees
Front Camber - Near Zero

Rear Camber - Near Zero
Rear Toe - 1/8 - 1/16th total toe-in

Keep in mind, these setting will make the car handle like complete garbage, but that concern is probably long gone for you haha.

Static alignments for drag cars are tricky. Ideally you want the tires as straight and flat as possible as it squats at launch, without ending up with too much toe later down the track.

I'd probably start at 0 rear toe since it will toe in slightly as it squats. Not sure I'd want toe out at the end of the strip.