View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 01:15 AM   #11
juniorrr

Drives: Scion Frs
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decep View Post
If you don't want firmer than stock then definitely don't buy lowering springs. Losing suspension travel can be a bit painful at times depending on road conditions around you.

You might consider spending the bones on coilovers. Do it right and do it once. I tried a couple lowering spring options and was never quite happy with them.
The Tein Flex A are smoother than stock. Plus if you factor in the cost of new dampers since the stockers will wear faster with stiffer springs, it's not THAT much more $$.

RCE superstreets are nice (im biased) on the softer settings, i highly recommend them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf View Post
You will not find something that will be cheap, lower your car, be more comfortable than stock, and improve performance.

Even with coilovers you should be prepared to spend a little more $ for better dampers.

Lots of spring options that will provide you with a tolerable ride when you are looking at 1” drop and lots of entry level coilovers that are tolerable as well. But be prepared to compromise and level set your expectations.

Popular spring options: RCE, eibach, TRD
Popular coilovers: tein flex a, bilstein, rce, kw

Don’t rush into picking something up because it’s cheap— having gone through multiple spring and damper setups, and trying various different coilover setups, I think it would be worth it to save just a little bit more and, like @Decep said, do it right and do it once.

For what it’s worth, I’m happy with my Swedish coilovers
I see so from all the information that you guys are giving me, coils seem to be the best way to go because I change it from very soft ride for daily and then stiffening then when I actually want more performance. Plus they are safer Than springs I’m assuming. So I was thinking of going with the Tein flex z’s I was curious what’s your opinion about these? And also do you guys have any you recommend for around the same price and flex z’s? P.S. Appreciate the info!
juniorrr is offline   Reply With Quote