View Single Post
Old 12-19-2021, 10:45 PM   #44
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
these toyota/subaru door tubes are some of the worst ever. i mean, they sized it right for what they needed on the production line, but chevy, mitsubishi, etc, sized them about 2-3 times larger.

after a more than generous donation to the swear jar, i gave up on running my wiring internally, and routed my wire through an 'x' in the grommet on both sides to seal it up.

but i'm using this for speaker cable, because every time i went to the local shops for 12ga speaker wire, i felt like it was actually about 18ga wiring.. just never felt right, like it gave up on current carrying for ease of install...
https://www.parts-express.com/Audtek...-1-ft.-100-482

know another guy that i believe did the same thing on his is300. gold94corolla

i was in the middling times. i came in on the tail end of a few other people, there was a one, went by redgtivr6 that was the carpc audio moderator at the time, was putting together a complete competition realtime SQ build, though it faded quickly due to the rules requiring direct playback from a cd, and tech just not being there yet. it was near the first year introduction of the audison bitone, for the first couple years, SQ builds literally couldn't even get judged unless they had a bitone installed. mp3car.com, but only on the wayback machine anymore, it faded out of existence around 2010-ish.

you can also test the wiring with an ohmmeter. 4 different ways.

disconnected at both ends, check for no continuity,
then twist the wires together on one end and should get nearly zero ohms.
then test the speaker, should get close to 4 ohms.
and lastly, connect the speaker to the wire, and should get the same resistance at the other end.