View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 05:32 PM   #96
Uplink

Drives: anything you let me
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by finch1750 View Post
Read up on ice mode. I havent done a ton of reading but it seems like left foot braking tends to induce it more (no guarantee of this and its mostly related to performance driving not sure about DD).

Also the Pedal Dance would disable all traction/stability aids AND also NOT get rid of ice mode
So, I can tell you from personal experience, in certain situations the pedal dance is required. Case in point, diving into the toe of the boot at WGI where you have a handful of camber and you're heading into the hillside for more mechanical grip when the car decides (even though VSC/TC is "OFF") you're turning too much too fast and starts straightening you out towards the outer armco. Not a pleasant feeling.
Fast forward to the same corner after PD and the lap timer showing higher speeds, better sector times, and a confident warm-fuzzy in the driver.

As far as Ice Mode, I've experienced it only twice getting a little overzealous in AX with LFB, rotation, and trying to keep the RPM's up. Best guess, the problem compounds when turning because the wheels are naturally rotating at different speeds that the computer has to account for, add in the G's and yaw sensor inputs, sprinkle with throttle position sensor and poof... *BSOD*

Again, all the above is not street driving, just an example that the computer does not always know best.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread...
Uplink is offline   Reply With Quote