Old 04-25-2021, 08:11 PM   #18
shiumai

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ, 2020 C8 Corvette
Thanked 1,893 Times in 787 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboS30 View Post
Hey, beautiful 280Z! Thanks for the insightful post, I am looking at a similar choice soon.

I currently have two 78s, and I've driven S30s almost exclusively my entire life. I recently test drove a 2017 BRZ and was very impressed. I've always thought the GT86 was much more in line with the spirit of the original Z than the newer Z's are, and driving one really reinforced that for me. It felt a lot more nimble and fun than the 370, definitely more comfortable than my 280Zs (my fault for stiffening the suspension on both of them of course).

How do you feel these days?
Thanks - I do miss the 280. The similarity to the S30 is one of the main reasons I chose the BRZ. I agree with you; I wasn't very enamored with the later Z's and felt that they had moved too far away from the original concept. I've been happy with the BRZ after making my own mods to it (including a stiffer suspension).

I still have the BRZ as my daily driver, but recently got a C8 as a weekend canyon/fun car, which I waited more than a year for. It's got all the power I'd ever want, and is pretty amazing in the canyons too.
shiumai is offline   Reply With Quote