Thanked 1,010 Times in 605 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Read further.
OP-

Hello, friends!

So, my car has been having issues starting lately. I have a push start brz, and sometimes when I try to start the car I hear a single click, and no crank. after trying a few times the car would start. Some days it starts on the first try. Other days, it takes a few tries. Today, it wouldn't start at all, so I took the battery to get tested, and it's still good (less than 6 months old). I then moved on to the alternator. Got it out and took it for testing too. Alternator is also good. Okaaaay... so, my only conclusion now is that the starter is faulty. What do you guys think? Thanks ahead of time for the help!

Single click is either starter or battery connection.

TANNER said....
As soon as I reset the power (have a battery disconnect switch and never had problems with it or power going off while driving - which would be a bad thing), everything came back to life. Got back in the car, it's like as if I tried to start the car but without the clutch depressed. I'm starting to wonder if there's a relay that's acting up....

OP is Gray Fox, Tanner is the other guy. I'm all confused. Who's fucking car won't start?
guybo is offline   Reply With Quote