Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaty View Post
I also have a 99 Miata, I've done a few things to it but not much beyond putting in suspension bits and the 2000 exhaust manifold racing beat back box.

I agree both cars are very close in fun factor, however the biggest difference for me at least is how much better the shifting feels in the Miata. Last weekend I put in the Kartboy SS and that helped the a fair amount but it's still not to the same level as my 17 YO Miata.

Having said that I enjoy driving them both.
For a lot less money you could have put on a shorty shift knob (Flossy makes one) and shortened the throw of the shifter. If you really want things tight a Perrin brass shifter washer (or whatever it is) takes out the *tiny* amount of play it has stock.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote