krayzie
Drive From Home

Drives: BRZ STI Performance
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoskaze View Post
Get the metal STI knob. That knob is like stock but gets rid of all the minus feel about stock knob & STI short shifter (-5mm).. Both are amazing product.

JDM TRD short shifter is even shorter then STI one if you want that. (-10mm? I forget)

They do cost more since it's the whole assembly, but you pay for the quality & prefect fit like its suppose to come with them from factory. Judging from the way you said it, you should give them a try. You will not regret getting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stock is 40mm throw (this is like Honda Type-R kinda throw). Remember this is a Japanese car made for Asian physique in mind imo (shorter throws and shorter clutch pedal travel than your avg German sports car).

STI is -4mm throw (10% shorter), JDM TRD is -8mm throw (20% shorter). Factory height and construction for both the difference in the pivot point at the bottom.

If the throws get overly short I suspect it won't be that great for daily driving.

I have the weighty STI alu knob to go with the STI shifter and I find sometimes when the gearbox doesn't want to engage, I've managed to jam it into gear and grind without effort.

I'm thinking if I should go with the lighter Duracon one instead to be safe, but I know the plastic will wear down and melt with time like a ThinkPad keyboard.

Last edited by krayzie; 05-28-2016 at 12:55 PM.
krayzie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to krayzie For This Useful Post:
chaoskaze (05-28-2016)