View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 04:18 PM   #4
Dr. BRZ

Drives: 2013 WR Blue Pearl BRZ Limited 6MT.
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladniko86 View Post
So forewarning: this is my personal opinion, not the end all be all.

Anyways so I got my FRS a few weeks ago. First thing I did was gun it, obviously, and to be honest I really didn't like the sound it was making. Threw in a KN dropin filter, still weak. Did the snorkel mod and plugged the noise generator from the inside, and it sounded a little worse now to be honest. Finally got myself a mishimoto induction hose last week, just put it in. Has a little cover for the outside of the noise generator as well, and gets rid of a resonator on the stock induction hose. Way better!! The car has a deeper sound now, and the fake sound it had before is gone. That sound was just terrible, and I love the way the car sounds now. The rest of it is stock, but honestly I think any beginner should do these mods. The snorkel may not be needed, but I love what I have now, next step is headers for the rumble and an exhaust to make it louder!
Noob......lol
If you researched, you would know, an inlet tube with an aftermarket air filter and after market snorkel is the best bang for your buck for intake wise.
Dr. BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote