soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
He is definitely a handful. Honestly what bothers me the most is when he's overtired because then he gets SUPER bitey and sprints everywhere, so it's difficult to keep him still. Which makes it tricky to put him down for a nap in the playpen or crate.

I'm trying to do enforced naps (1 hour up, 2 hours down) and it mostly works, but it just gets tricky sometimes because I've barely had him a week and haven't really gotten him to learn "stop" or whatever yet.

Good news is he's mostly learned sit now (when I have his full attention at least lol).
i believe the correct term is 'zoomies'
https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/li...t-are-zoomies/

i can't recall any one i know trying to enforce naps on their dog unless they were on the wrong sleep cycle and trying to stay up all night. my experience is that dogs, especially puppies don't really sleep when they're told, that's more of a 'learn to stay in one spot' skill that comes later..

it sorta sounds like you just need to play with him to wear him out more-- if you're not going outside the apartment at all, that would drive most dogs nuts, especially a new puppy with more energy(NEW NEW EVERYTHING'S NEW!!!!!!!) then they know what to do with.

now might be a good time to go to a park and run around with him, followed by some socializing at a home depot, should wear him out very quickly
Capt Spaulding (07-02-2021), MuseChaser (07-01-2021)