View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 07:29 AM   #13
LordKain

Drives: 86 GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by speargunsandracecars View Post
The Z is more of a Japanese muscle car. The twins are lightweight sportscars. The biggest issue with the 370 is that it's prone to overheating on track days. Pretty badly in stock form. Check out the forums. This here is the main reason why I didn't even consider it. Also, it's extremely expensive to modify. And everything in the engine bay is so cramped, it just makes it a pain in the ass to work on. I like to do my own wreching.

I was watching the Motortrend review on the Z, and it doesn't seem to be in good condition. The press car they have apparently has a broken diff. Not so sure on the long term reliability of the Z. I do, however, like the interior of the Z.
This is spot on, my last drive was a manual 370Z. I won't comment on price because out here in Australia the price of cars is so different to you guys it's not funny. I had her for four years and even in the hot summers we get I never had a problem. Long story short I had an injury and couldn't drive a manual any more so I went for a 86 GTS auto. The hardest thing to get over was the power difference and I was expecting it. I can say that when the engine was new it felt gutless, now 6-7000 K's down the track it's better.
The weight was the other big thing, the Z is so heavy. Down here we only get one model Z and the Stereo / SatNav in the the 86 is that bad I have no idea where Toyota found it. Again after dealing with it for six months it's ok I guess.
People ask me to compare the cars all the time, I say "they are the same but different, if you drive them you will know what I mean"
LordKain is offline   Reply With Quote