View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 06:11 PM   #4603
idkwhatimdoing

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S 1968 Camaro BB402
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BURRRZ View Post
Hey guys, hope your all doing good! I'm new around here and I just bought a new to me 2013 Subaru BRZ with 30K miles. I'm loving the car so far. But I am having a bit of an issue/worry. The Jackson Racing C38 supercharger is making a fairly loud whining noise. I had the car looked at by a shop that have personally installed Jackson Superchargers before and they claim that it's fine. As time goes on however, I would really like to get some opinions from you guys who have them specifically on your motors. The kit has only been on for about 15k miles and a little under 2 years. I am planning on changing the oil soon and see if that helps since it's part of the maintenance for it. The belt seems ok and it seems to operate properly in the sense of making power and what not. It has a Delicious Tune as well. The only real worry for me is the noise in the clip. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm completely new to superchargers, I've only ever had turbos on past cars. So forgive me if this is a newbie question. I just only remember roots style superchargers making a lot of noise. Thanks guys! Glad to be in the community!

These units are pretty loud at idle, the Rotrex dev manual says you’ll get a shrill suction noise with an open element filter (such as the K&N one provided by JR). It’s normal. Mine sounds the same, but I didn’t hear whining in the video.

________

~refer to username~
idkwhatimdoing is offline   Reply With Quote