View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 12:12 PM   #7083
EddieZ2

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Here I am at 62. My house paid off, owe only 5 K to cards and my outback neighbor builds a 2 story addition to his house which overlooks my backyard destroying any semblance of privacy. My family goes nuts and we decide to move. We're looking at houses and between the lies, deception, garbage that's on the market around here, I'm getting pretty ticked. All my life I wanted a 911 but where I'm at they're rare and untouchable. So here I am ticked with a few K set aside for a hot tub I was going to put in my yard but now wont be doing. I've been driving CRV's for the last I don't know how many years. I miss having a toy or a car that is actually fun to drive. I mention to my wife that I'm ticked and need something fun. She says go for it. Looking all over at numerous cars, trucks, etc, I see 2 Scions sitting on different lots. I try a standard and get out smiling. Down the road is this beautiful silver FRS, automatic, 16 K on the odo, 2013. I take it out, work the paddles and damn...I'm smiling. I go back to the dealer and say lets make this happen and give him a down payment. I get home and start doing extensive research, manuals, reviews, etc. I'm loving it even when reviews go negative about being underpowered. I go back the next day and complete the transaction. I head over to get some good snow rubber on it as I am in the northeast. The garage guys get it up in the air as I sit in the waiting room. One of the techs comes out and tells me to follow him saying "I can't believe this." The car is on the lift and we get under it. WOW !!! 2013, 16K on the odo and nothing, not a spot of dirt, rust hasn't even started, BEAUTIFUL ! The car is pristine and I mean like new with all the stickers on every part underneath the car. I'm in heaven. The work is complete, get in the car and head to the hills for a nice drive but not before letting some of the garage guys take a spin. The bad reviews are all wrong. 200 HP can do the trick. This isn't a drag car and was never meant to be. It does what it was designed to do and it does it well. Perhaps too many people have watched "Fast and Furious" and are expecting this to be one of those cars. Nope. It's beautiful, the tech is awesome. The automatic with paddles is fine at this pricepoint. I've only had this car for a few days, driven the heck out of it on twisty, hilly roads and love it. Here I am at 62, smiling ear to ear. I'm feeling like I did when I owned my Spitfire, TR4A and Camaro Z. I know big iron blocks and was raised on rear wheel drive. It cracks me up when a reviewer points out "it's rear wheel drive." Grow a pair, embrace the car, take to the twisty roads and love the heck out of it. I certainly love this car. So now.... I need some good sticky rubber come spring because I plan on putting some miles on this baby. The FRS is FUN, period.
EddieZ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EddieZ2 For This Useful Post:
EAGLE5 (01-14-2017), Tcoat (01-18-2017), trvth (01-23-2017)