Old 09-14-2018, 10:08 AM   #48293
echo419

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 4,057 Times in 1,879 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd View Post
That's horrible. I mean, it's possible it's well earned. Its also possible something else is going on. And public anonymous shaming suggests the company culture is worth getting away from.
it's well earned. since said person turned in the note to HR they know it's a slacker that "calls in sick" to much. they're just trying to deflect by crying to HR.

shamming? yeah I wouldn't call it that. their HR dept is super PC and all "progressive". I'd post a screen cap but the letter head is all over it. they basically asked the person(since they aren't certain who did it) and anyone else in the future to go through the proper channels.

regardless it's hilarious and if my office wasn't so small I'd be doing that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
That was my take on it as well, there is nothing funny about that note. It's the beginning of a slippery slope and its appropriate to address it. If someone has a concern about someone's work ethic it should be taken to the boss, not be a public dispute. If the person that left the note worked for me, they wouldn't have a job right now.
if you showed up to work and did your job you wouldn't have to worry about that.

besides the person that left the note didn't take it public. that was HR and they've kept the person anonymous to everyone except a few partners.