View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 08:35 AM   #49
venturaII
Only users lose drugs.

Drives: All the time
Thanked 1,067 Times in 674 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I run relatively large bars (22/18) on otherwise stock '13 suspension, save for alignment and camber bolts. I like in one of the worst areas of the country for road conditions. Yes, when I bumped up in size, there was a small increase in roughness associated with tying the two sides of the car together more firmly. Doesn't matter though, because the improvement in roll resistance was precisely what I was looking for. I daily my car and do an occasional track day. I'm less worried about a little straightline squat under braking than I am for maintaining compliant suspension settings. The car is already too stiff for the shite roads we have here, so I'm certainly not interested in making it harsher EVERYWHERE. And the payoff is that the improvement the bars made were really all I was looking to change in the setup. Balance stayed basically the same. The car leans less. It's still OEM-comfortable on the highway and I don't have to worry about clearance issues and reduced suspension stroke. Could I go faster on the track with a higher, linear rate spring and a better shock that has adjustable low and high speed damping so it could be tuned for individual driving conditions? Yes. I don't track for points, and I'm not leaving a lot on the table with the current setup. It's plenty quick when driven right. Swaybars are a simple and inexpensive tuning aid that make a noticeable improvement when selected correctly - nothing more or less.