DocRecon
Muscle Car to Import

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoth View Post
Same here.

BTW: Anyone experience that the air in-tube becoming noisy like a high pitch whistle. I'm pretty sure it's the in-take tube, because it was able to trace it the when I cleaned my air filter. The pitch is coming from the in-take tube with or without the filter.

I looked, but from what I can tell this question still stands. I have the same thing. My air filter has a whistling sound coming from it (sounds like cicadas and IT's NOT our car's crickets). It made me super paranoid when I first started hearing it, which lead me to change all pulleys on car (except crank), change tensioner, change serpentine belt, pull supercharger (re-install), and I've double.....no, triple....no, quadruple checked the Rotrex fluid. In fact, I'm going to check it again.

I know some aftermarket filters whistle but damn, this sounds a bit much. I've looked at everything in the engine bay but it keeps coming from the air filter/end of the intake tube. I can put my ear/stethoscope to the head unit and it sounds fine, the supercharger belt tension sounds fine, and I have great vacuum at idle (~ -21-22 Hg). The car runs like a scolded dog while shitting razor blades.

I'm thinking the C38 pulls too much air for the filter (Type?, Brand?) and causes the whistle, so a different one may help........but I'm probably wrong. As the only thing I haven't tried is pulling the air filter off and letting it run for a test, so it may not even be the filter at all.

I'm just glad that I'm not the first to ask about it. Any thoughts, comments, experiences?

Doc
DocRecon is offline   Reply With Quote