View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 06:13 PM   #1
tzbang

Drives: 2013 GT86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Coil over options for BC-Gold swap

Sorry if this has been covered before I'm sure it has.. I am looking for a bit of advice regarding my coil overs. My car came with BC-Gold Racing coil overs, adj camber plates, cusco camber arms, whiteline sway bars etc. It also has 235/45/18s and it's set quite low. (not stupid low)

This is my first car with coil overs and it's just a street car / daily driver. Doesn't see track use.

Handles pretty good but rides is HARSH on the road. Not bad on the highway but around the streets I can feel every single bump and crack in the road. Pretty horrid really but I've put up with it for years.

I know BC-Golds are not great and I thought about swapping them out. But I quickly became over-whelmed with the options and worried that I'd change to something only to find it's not difference, maybe a harsh go-kart feel is just what it's like with coil-overs.

However recently I went for a ride in someones Rx7 Batman which also had BC-Golds and his wasn't horrible like mine. Different car of course.. but it does make me wonder why they're so terrible on mine. I have the dampening set at the softest setting too but it makes no difference.

Then just yesterday I read about someone in the 86 club in my country changing his BC-Golds to KW V3's and was MIND-BLOWN at the improvement. Raving about them. Now I'm tempted to get those except maybe they're an overkill of adjustability for a streetcar.

So I'm just reaching out to see what people would advise would be the best option to change my BC-Gold. I want a comfortable street setup that can be set at least 50mm lower than stock.

Thoughts and opinions appreciated as always.
tzbang is offline   Reply With Quote