View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 11:57 PM   #6
Gutterboy

Drives: 2013 frs; 1988 porsche 944s - > 948
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
P0108 code

Indeed it is manifold pressure, but I attribute the code to most likely my boost solenoid pushing close to 11psi which may be at the limit of shiv's tune for my sbd turbo. There's a video from speedfreak garage showing how to get rid of such safeguards but it has some warnings from shiv that author mentioned as "not advised".

Gonna do some logs of my MAP voltage at idle vs wide open throttle, then if issues turn SCG off and see if issue still persists, revert to pre scg install tune with scg off and see if it still persists, and lastly hack my scg intermediate tune with Rom raider for massaging fail safes on map rather on max'ing them to 5V which is impossible.

If logs of map voltage are not as expected for idle or seem to chatter violently than will get a replacement, waiting to hear from Chris Riggs from sbd on where these can be obtained from sbd350 kit.

But the fact that my idle is hunting and also stalling as well as other typical indications of potential MAF issues and the fact that I have never cleaned it in four years of boost pushed me to just get a new one from rock auto for 130 CAD.

On a side note the Amazon cap screws work perfectly as a replacement for lost screw. 3mm x 10mm.
Gutterboy is offline   Reply With Quote