View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 11:44 AM   #4
Gutterboy

Drives: 2013 frs; 1988 porsche 944s - > 948
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
My own MAF adventure

Had an electrical fault with my sub for my stereo (shorted amp) which put 60A to the chassis for an extended amount of time. Ever since been throwing P0108 codes like a banshee and having all the typical problems with a messed MAF. Pretty sure my stereo issue smoked the MAF or severely damaged it.

Anyways best price on replacement I found was $112 plus like $16 for one week shipping to Canada in cdn funds. Toyota wanted 199 from Vancouver with almost same time wait and Subaru wanted 400. Same maf part between the twins yet one decides to mark up another 100%

Rock auto unit is a Delphi and new not remanufactured.

Also while trying to clean it with sensor cleaner lost a screw and not sure if it's the same as stock since I am running an sbd350 turbo, but mine was using 3mm hex cap screws so a quick Amazon gets you a pretty cheap variety set of metric cap screws to solve lost screws for MAF, or at least I will see if that solves it next week when they arrive.

Hopefully new MAF ends the non stop bouncing in an out of P0108 as the ECU gets super confused and car drives like absolute garbage with such confusion. Then I can back to de-tuning and re-tuning for latest add of scg-1 boost controller

Not sure I have to do some primary fuel map adjustments to get maf voltage safeguards massaged. That's a last resort in Rom raider but if anyone is curious about that while searching MAF issues and are running boost Google speed freak garage on this and it could help you. I would strongly heed the warnings though cause not all of us are boosting to 13psi and willing to accept a rod going through the hood as a precursor to doing an LS swap.

Gutterboy is offline   Reply With Quote