View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 07:17 PM   #185
PowderfaceTr.

Drives: stock
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNDSRFR View Post
LOl MIATA what a waste, you take the most bullet proof Mazda motor. The one that handles over 20psi in its stock form and only boost it with 8psi. Wow such unused potential. WHy not leace it stock so we can all race SM for another decade.

Using this logic, why would anyone get a stage one tune on a VW 1.8t engine? Why would you only want a 35 HP increase at 15 PSI when you could get a stage 3 tune with 100 HP increase at 25 PSI?
I can't understand why everyone wouldn't want to get the maximum amount of power possible out of a given engine.
Why would I want to get a lowly 50 HP boost when I could get the biggest most powerful turbo made and put it on my FR-S and have 400 HP?

What is wrong with me?
Stages? Who is the marketing genus that thought of Stages?

Spend all that time doing the math to make the most efficient turbo at the lowest price and then test it on multitude of factors through the rigors of R&D. Only to make a single sale per person when you could sell it twice to the same person by first leaving out the crucial piece that makes it powerful. Just call it a stage 6.5 upgrade BOV spring. Slap 2000 dollar price tag and off to the races you be.

So you cant afford a good car and you don't like bulky rides. You buy a FRS and now your in the trap. Your spending money is lost on the mud flaps and antennas. You are now financially too tight to get a proper drive train solution. You get incremental on the car not knowing what is needed.
Half of you have never been in a balanced car one that has just the right power for the chassis. Those of you have no idea what excess or the bare minimum is.

Tell me what its like to adjust lambda at a stoplight. If you cant relate you have a lot to read about cars before you post those kind of questions.