View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 01:22 PM   #1
brosifSmith

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Weird sounds after installing lowering springs (not clunking)

So I just bought some Tein H tech lowering springs (1 inch drop front, .6 inch drop rear). After I had done the install I went for a drive and tested them over all sorts of bumps and they worked great, no sounds at all, cornered well. However, after driving to work and back, half hour each way, it started making some creaking sounds in just the fronts when I was almost home. It would make the sound when I turned the steering wheel either way, as well as when I would hit some bumps. I jacked the car back up and tightened everything, then greased the swaybar mounts.
No sound again now, but on my drive to work today I noticed more how the steering seems a lot more light and wobbly than the stock springs, almost as if the wheels are washing out as im driving straight on the highway. It is very unnerving. I also had my traction control light come on as I was going around an on ramp curve as I was getting up to speed. This never happened before and am wondering if it could be due to the springs as there was no bump to loosen up the backend.
Soo basically I'm wondering what to check, I've double checked all the bolts, tophat, crash bolts, swaybar and endlink. Not sure what else it could be other than me having fucked up and spun the struts.

EDIT: I torqued the shock top bolts with a pass through wrench to spec (41 ft-lbs) as well as every other bolt. So I'm pretty confident it's not any of the connections themselves.
brosifSmith is offline   Reply With Quote