View Single Post
Old 10-26-2021, 05:06 PM   #1
tzbang

Drives: 2013 GT86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cranks but won't fire

Hey team,

I have a supercharged (sprintex) GT86 running Ecutek. Car's been running great for years. But I only run it once a week, sometimes not even that.

The other day I moved it out of the garage to clean it. I turned it on and drove it out of the shed a few metres. Turned it off. Cleaned it (inside) and then put it back.

I was then away for the next 4 days. When I came back it wouldn't start.

Cranks over, just no fire. I feel like there was a small stumble the first time like it was going to start but that hasn't happened again since. I get about 4 goes at starting it before the battery starts to die.

I've tried starting it with jumper cables but that didn't help. In fact, the battery still went flat trying which I thought was a bit odd. Must take a lot of juice to crank it.

I've tried starting it with my foot on the accelerator to the floor in case it was flooded. Although I think the fuel would have evaporated while I was away.

I've tried spraying a bit of 'Engine Starter' in the intake, and into a vacuums tube before the supercharger.

What is next? I'm wondering if running it so briefly might have fouled up my plugs. But I would have expected it to at least stumble or run rough with dirty plugs. Is this a common problem?
tzbang is offline   Reply With Quote