MuseChaser
Feeling like thinking....

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 2,433 Times in 1,064 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
For me, its a weekend toy and occasional travel to nearby town vehicle. Definitely not a stunt plane.

More details can be found in this post in Random Thoughts...
Just read your linked post... VERY nice choice of airplane. I've got a PA28-140, about the same cruise speed as yours, but nowhere near the fuel-sipping consumption rate. Just added a Stratus ESG for adsb-out a few months ago (THAT was a job.....took my back a week or two to recover), and get my hands dirty doing most of the maintenance and repairs myself under the watchful eye of a skilled A&P. I'm not familiar with yours at all. Would love to move up a bit, maybe a Grumman Tiger or Cheetah, for the increased speed and a better panel (rather than sink buttloads of money into my Cherokee and lose it pretty much immediately because my plane will never really be worth much). I've got IFR capability now, but no GPS... so, as things are going, that "capability' is becoming slowly but steadily less...ummm.. capable. Probably just should have bit the bullet and put in a Garmin GNX375 instead of the Stratus... but $2200 and do it myself vs. $8000 or more installed... soo... well... Stratus.

Too bad we don't live closer to each other.. would love to check out your plane. Looks like a great bird, especially for your "mission."
Dadhawk (05-19-2020)