View Single Post
Old 03-04-2022, 05:33 PM   #258
SpectreRT

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
ok, i'm just going to say it. how in the hell does a little blinking light prevent this scenario?

sounds like you're blaming something mechanical for your terrible driving skills.

maybe leave extra space and don't switch lanes into faster-moving traffic while going slower?

i've never had this problem in chicago traffic, and 3/4's of the other drivers don't even bother using their signals...
Not entirely a fair comment. Here is my example:
- Was merging into the turn lane to exit the interstate. Hit the blinker to go right (Hyperflash started, so no signal for the unmarked cop behind me). Officer was accelerating to (I assume) scan someone's plate or just to get somewhere faster. I had plenty of room when I started to merge (no orange warning from the right mirror area) and from my obvious checking; officer figured I was "cutting him off." He considered that "dangerous driving" and pulled me.

My effort to communicate with my signal failed due to the hyperflash. I was driving safe and almost got rear ended (or a ticket, dashcam and prior video evidence saved me basically). This is a serious issue.
SpectreRT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SpectreRT For This Useful Post:
Xed32 (03-04-2022)