Rampage
Senior Member/Old Fanboi

Drives: 2000 2ZZ-GE MR2 Spyder HT
Thanked 2,014 Times in 915 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfreak View Post
How about the fact that this car is faster than its target competition a Porsche Cayman S 718, a car which in its most basic stripper configuration is $20k more? And even slightly equipped is $30k more???
The Nurburing does not penalize a car for being heavy much. Look at the time that the "boat" 2018 ZL1 Camaro ($62K) put up last year. I am betting the Cayman will out perform the Supra on US tracks where testing will be done like VIR and Laguna Seca. The 350LB weight advantage of the Cayman will show up there.

You also are not going to buy a Supra under $50K anytime soon. The first 1500 will be $56K Release Models.

I am not in the market for either of these cars. I like the Supra more now that I have seen the released version. However, if I was going to pick one or the other, it would be the Cayman (even with the PDK).

Honestly though, if the Supra was an all Japanese made car then I would probably move it ahead of the German made Porsche. (Personal bias based on 48 years of experience owning cars from various countries!)
Tcoat (01-16-2019)