Old 07-20-2021, 01:03 AM   #3
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,816 Times in 16,425 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerRumble View Post
Hi, recently bought a 2013 FRS and was so happy — until it suddenly stalled and got severe rod knock. Turns out this car did have the recall done 13 months ago and 1,600 miles ago.l bought the car 5 hours away. I had it towed to a local dealer who is investigating it now. Here’s my first question - the local dealer says if they find that the issues are caused by the recall, then they want me to deal with the dealer that did the recall. But the car doesn’t run, and that dealer is 5 hours away. Can’t one Toyota dealer take care of fixing bad recall work done by another ? If not, who will pay for the car to be trucked 5 hours away? If anybody has gone through something similar - please message me. I am so drained because the vehicle I used to to go see this car when buying it also got rod knock on the way home - took a long time to be approved and get an engine, must have been some cruel foreshadowing that I never picked up on!!!
How many total miles on the car?

Does the car have any power mods?

If the recall did mess up the engine, I reckon you are on the hook to get it to the dealer that did the work (IF, they will do it at all).

In the future you may wish to go with an EV, since you don't seem to have much luck with ICEs. (sorry - bad joke - )
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
BoxerRumble (07-20-2021)