Old 11-19-2021, 08:25 AM   #68
ZDan

Drives: '23 BRZ
Thanked 3,891 Times in 2,032 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timurrrr View Post
I'm not an expert, but besides the temperature affecting the wear rate I can imagine that pressure also affects the wear rate.
Wasn't going to get into the "physics of braking" argument because I kinda think it misses the point, but...
Yeah, makes some sense that wear rate with ABS cycling right around lockup pressure could be significantly higher than maintaining pressure just below lockup.

Any case, if you're *hard* on the brakes *deep* into every corner, ABS or not, it makes sense that's gonna wear pads out more quickly, and it's not the fastest way around either... I can see how ABS could make the wear rate worse. Also, with some nannies still on, more excessive brake consumption...

With or without ABS, driving style will play a major role in heat into the brakes and wear rate. This is obviously the case at all HPDE driver levels but it's also true at the highest levels of motorsport. Different drivers, even turning the same lap times in the same car, have different brake usage and needs.

@CSG Mike helped me out with my brake pad selection. I resisted C2s because of $$$ but ultimately that's where I've wound up and they work great *for me*. But it's not "one size fits all. Mike has a lot of practical knowledge of what works best with different kinds of usage and driver demands, so @Jstyle I think yer in good hands...

Last edited by ZDan; 11-19-2021 at 08:38 AM.
ZDan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZDan For This Useful Post:
CounterSpace Garage (11-19-2021), timurrrr (11-19-2021), TommyW (11-19-2021)