View Single Post
Old 04-15-2020, 03:30 AM   #17
saltywetman

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT 6M
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A different dealership's part department just got back to me today:

"Good Morning Wilson,

Just following up on your inquiry regarding the TRD Forged wheel ( PTR20-18160-GR). I just confirmed with Toyota and unfortunately this wheel is not available for order here in Canada. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Have a great day and stay safe!
"

so are the gunmetal ones absolutely not available in Canada? lol what years were these wheel an option for USA 86's? i wonder if I should try an american vin to see if they can pull anything up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokay444 View Post
I paid $775 tax in for an 860 wheels this past fall...:|
Also, every RS2.0 I've seen has a peeling clear coat looking issue on those black wheels.
I'd get them and have a wheel refinisher paint them gunmetal.
The good thing is it only seems to be the clear coat peeling, people are saying the underlying paint seems pretty solid. Would ceramic coating these wheels new prevent the clear coat from peeling? just wondering as I plan to ceramic coat this car once I pick it up so maybe can give the guy a few extra bucks to do the 4 wheels as well before I mount rubber on them

Any USA owners remember the years these were offered as an optional add-on for their FR-S/86 and willing to pm me their american vin for me to give a shot to see if the dealership can pull anything up with it?
saltywetman is offline   Reply With Quote