View Single Post
Old 01-12-2024, 10:48 AM   #19
Bergycheese348

Drives: TRD Supercharged 2016 FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S2GT86 View Post
Unless you had a permanent code in there, disconnecting the battery basically just cleared your codes for you. As long as there are no pending oractive codes, the CEL should stay off. Give it a day or two before you conclude it was the battery that was causing the issue. If it wasn't an old battery that you had in there before, and your battery terminals and cables are in good, uncorroded shape, you might want to have a load test peformed on your alternator.

Unfortunately, the electronics in these cars are really susceptible to low voltage issues. Low voltage can sometimes even cause permanent damage.
I had tried clearing codes countless times before and it had not taken care of the codes, they always popped back on immediately. I forgot to mention but the EVAP code is still there, just the wheel speed sensor code is gone (so no ABS light but still a CEL). Still giving it a little time to see if the battery was the issue, talking to all the OEM testing calibration guys at work we all would not fully see why there would be an association between ethanol number, low battery voltage, and a wheel speed sensor in the most logical reason. Battery was at least 4 years old, and I had battery issues 2 months ago (similar to when the issues arrived) and it went away so I concluded bad connections or something like that. Car does seem to crank less on startups now, should be a very similar CCA.

I had not fully heard of the weird things low battery numbers can do until I talked to the friend who helped me install it talking about the issues he had with a bad battery on his Cobalt a few years ago. Let's hope I can at least retain ABS haha

T RD, Verus, Ace
Bergycheese348 is offline   Reply With Quote