View Single Post
Old 11-03-2021, 08:48 PM   #12
blueskiesgreenlights

Drives: 2020 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yes, I'm a bit overwhelmed by all I have to learn. Although I had hoped to get this done right a way I'm finding that, like anything else, there is a learning curve and this one might take a little time.

My immediate concern is to find a set of 3.5" or 4" coaxial speakers for the back seat as well as a sub amp for about $100 each. I don't have an enclosed garage so I might end up spending the winter making my way along the learning curve. I'd much prefer to get it done quickly and well. We'll see.

It occurred to me that the center console might provide an easy "tunnel" to the front dash. So I'll mark this problem as solved until proven otherwise.

AudioControl checked in by pointing out that the HU keys off the factory amp so the white/grey wires should be prioritized over the green/purple wires. According to AudioControl support, failure to use the white/grey wires could result in the HU volume control not working. See below reply to soundman98 for full details.

I plan to search the web tonight for a set of 4" coaxials that will neither break the bank nor the outstanding sound I expect from the Sony es speakers. I'll do the same for a sub amp so I'll mark this as question one.

1. Is it possible to buy a sub amp for about $100 that would work well with an AudioControl D-6.1200 amp and, if so, what is it?

2. Is it possible to retain the surround sound offered by the factory stereo by installing either 3.5" or 4" coaxials that will uphold the high standard set by the Sony XS 162es component speakers?

Last edited by blueskiesgreenlights; 11-03-2021 at 09:27 PM.
blueskiesgreenlights is offline   Reply With Quote