ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,051 Times in 8,326 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Their whole job is to try to sell you a car. That is how they make a living and feed their family. It is not "stupid" to offer alternatives if they can't get what you want. Many people will actually find that helpful.
I can't picture how thankless a job it is when every customer thinks they are somehow special.
I wrote a fucking long ass essay reply, but who in the crazy mind wanna read it. I’ll keep it simple, I asked specific color & trim, if not available I want to order one & willing to wait. It is “stupid” when they CAN order (might take fucking long time), instead give me alternative options that I don’t want. Dealership got nothing on thankless job. Go to local library or bookstore and thank shelvers for their job. They go through more shit show than dealership reps ever will.

Edit:
Look it this way. When you were looking for Hakone Edi, sales reps keep sending you a message telling you Camry is available or Neptune color is close to Hakone. Even then, you can tell yourself they’re trying to be nice & giving you an alternative option?

Last edited by ichitaka05; 10-24-2021 at 08:44 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ichitaka05 For This Useful Post:
bcj (10-24-2021), Ultramaroon (10-24-2021)