View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 10:31 PM   #1
Re_Invention

Drives: '22 Tacoma, '19 Macan, '22 BRZ
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tall Driver Request

Hi Everyone,

Got a request. My brother is interested in an twin but he's a big guy; 6'4 260lb. He has trouble in most cars listed 39.0" or less of headroom and even then it is hit or miss. He does not fit in a twin bare headed and definitely no go with a helmet on. He's open to an aftermarket seat (thinking EVO XL or Profi XL?) to the floor, if possible. Years ago I rented a BRZ race car with Recaro Pole Position on sliders - I fit fine (6'1 200 lbs) and had a couple of inches above me. I think he could do it... Any tips/tricks/hacks for getting more headroom out of the twins?

The request is two fold;

1) Was wondering if folks could recommend specific shop(s) that do aftermarket seats for the twins in the greater Long Beach/Downtown LA area.

2) If, after quarantine is lifted, anyone has had success in a seat/rail combo in their own car and are located in the greater Long Beach area that wouldn't mind his big ass trying it out. Coffee on me!

I've suggested he buy one, take it to a professional upholster and get a foamectomy and headline modification done. Figure that could be good for up to 2.5" which could hit to proverbial 39" mark. Is that reasonable? Unsure what's left to gain out of the stock equipment.

Thanks in advance.

Stay safe and healthy out there!

-C
Re_Invention is offline   Reply With Quote