Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappydoo View Post
This has become an exercise in the overelaborate unnecessary. A million miles away from engineering.
Because reworking the whole rear bumper to accommodate an oddly placed exhaust tips is kind of ridiculous.

I'm very interested in this product, but if I have to buy exhaust hole covers, wiring, LED bulds, remove the rear lower reflector/reverse light housing, fabricate an insert to fill the hole left by the light assembly, and still end up with a bumper that looks like it has exhaust hole covers and a badly fabricated cover over where a light assembly used to be, I'm out.

I can't for the life of me figure out why they're going down this rabbit hole. Why not just turn the 90's so that they point out, and weld tail pipes to them? If avoiding resonance between the tips is really that important to making the noise regulations, wouldn't an equalizing pipe between them work? Or a single tip?

Their might be a cool factor to this setup, I don't see it myself, but I'm sure some do. But is that really worth the extra money/time/complexity?
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calum For This Useful Post:
RJasonKlein (01-17-2017), Summerwolf (01-17-2017)