Old 04-24-2018, 11:51 AM   #174
nikitopo

Drives: '15 BRZ RA
Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,261 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
No I do not have an engineering background yet I deal with engineering issues every single day. I have worked in technical positions in the Tier One auto industry for almost 30 years and a bit does rub off.
I have never ridiculed weight reduction. I have questioned your claimed results from performing random parts changes. The fun part is that so has every other single person that has responded to your claims. You yourself open almost every post on the subject with "nobody agrees but I have...". You are yet again saying that every other person is wrong about the platform and the only supporter that you have is somebody that obviously has not had any contact with the industry for 20 or more years and thinks things are still done as they used to be.
Get over trying to attack me and listen to what is being said.

It was clear that you don't have an engineering background and no matter your years of "experience", you'll always have an unclear understanding of how things work. It is what it is for people that don't have an appropriate background and have to deepen into the details. Try to share some knowledge in your level of expertise and not about everything. Or as it has been suggested, find someone with an engineering background and let him explain to you the details. You are just ridiculate yourself with such opinions. A random part of changes? How do you think STI or TRD or other sport divisions are working? They'll contact specific vendors and in many cases they'll just re-brand existing parts. Why do you attack me for example and not Shiv who provided so many years a generic tune for EL/UEL catless headers? From your point of view a generic tune for a header will give zero gains. Same about your reasoning on the global platform. What is your technical reasoning apart from playing with words and providing random examples from the internet? We are discussing here about the future of the 86/BRZ platform and I provided specific examples of how the BRZ was specialized. Same about other people who were trying to explain to you in detail that the new global platform is not appropriate for a real sports car. We were not doing a generic discussion.

Are you really searching for supporters over here? Personally, I'm not. If something is wrong, then it's wrong and I don't care who agrees or not. If you think that you have a "fun base" and that they'll support you in whatever case, then it is not how things should work. Especially when you are spreading non-sense with non-existent technical reasoning. I don't know if the mods like the forum to work like this, but it is certainly the wrong way!
nikitopo is offline   Reply With Quote