View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 10:15 PM   #10327
stevo585

Drives: White 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic_frs View Post
I think this isn't properly communicated to new members of the ESC community. I too was excited when I first learned about the kit. I asked the same shark tank question myself.

I understand now, the guys running this project are engineers. There's a bit of puristic and egotistical aspect to this project. I mean that in a respectful way. Its about the art. I get the perfectionist personality. Robbfts is a crazy mad scientist and Fenton is his frontman. Its like Willy Wonka or The wizard of oz. I kinda admire the snobby aura. Did u know thay Chanel bags are hand made one at a time, in a small town in France called Lesage? Hand made..

I personally like telling the story to friends and "fans". I call it Electric Forced Induction. Everyone loves the story.

Initially I wasn't impressed but over time got to enjoy the way it pulls. It feels a bit like VTEC. But here, you get to control when it kicks in

The main difference i noticed after the install is that I am much faster now than i used to be. The car is quick and That's what I particularly enjoy :o Defeat list includes Fiesta ST, Challenger, G37, Camaro, 328, GTI, E320, Civic SI, a boosted K20 civic, and half a dozen HEMI powered pickup trucks (I live out in the countryside). It's a nice feeling to be among the fastest on the road.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Hard to believe you beat some of those cars having owned an ESC myself for a year. Its not that fast. 13.8 @ 101 I ran. Quick sure but nothing super crazy. Basically WRX power. The slight delay is like vtec but unlike vtec the top end falls off terrible. 3-6k rpm is the sweet spot.