View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 01:24 AM   #10326
illmatic_frs

Drives: n/a
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
I've always viewed the Phantom project as a WIP/development story.
I think this isn't properly communicated to new members of the ESC community. I too was excited when I first learned about the kit. I asked the same shark tank question myself.

I understand now, the guys running this project are engineers. There's a bit of puristic and egotistical aspect to this project. I mean that in a respectful way. Its about the art. I get the perfectionist personality. Robbfts is a crazy mad scientist and Fenton is his frontman. Its like Willy Wonka or The wizard of oz. I kinda admire the snobby aura. Did u know thay Chanel bags are hand made one at a time, in a small town in France called Lesage? Hand made..

I personally like telling the story to friends and "fans". I call it Electric Forced Induction. Everyone loves the story.

Initially I wasn't impressed but over time got to enjoy the way it pulls. It feels a bit like VTEC. But here, you get to control when it kicks in

The main difference i noticed after the install is that I am much faster now than i used to be. The car is quick and That's what I particularly enjoy :o Defeat list includes Fiesta ST, Challenger, G37, Camaro, 328, GTI, E320, Civic SI, a boosted K20 civic, and half a dozen HEMI powered pickup trucks (I live out in the countryside). It's a nice feeling to be among the fastest on the road.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
illmatic_frs is offline   Reply With Quote