View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 05:23 PM   #3855
alexisv1012

Drives: lighting red
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutangbrz View Post
I have -14 and I have not done any 'extensive' modification to get this far. There is a lot of ignorance surrounding this topic and i will clear the air on some of this. What I am saying has no relation to your conversation to the other guy regarding wheel fitment on widebody etc, I am just letting you know what it actually takes from a guy who has done such modifications.

extensive modification of EVERY suspension piece to get this extreme

- No. You can just purchase the Racer X rear UCA with the -14 option and you can get -14. direct swap with your OEM and max them out. -> http://racerxfabrication.com/frs-brz...r-control-arms . How do I know? Because I did this as well.

As for the fronts, I hit double digit negative camber up front with aftermarket camber plates, Racer X front LCA, and a camber bolt. Did not do any 'extensive modification' besides install new parts and adjust.

simply would not fit into the stock wheel well .. you'd rub on the inside/outside.. everywhere

For the fronts sure, this could be an issue with the clearance with your wheel to the strut. For the rear, you are only limited until you hit the frame as the coilover sits 'in between' both ends of the barrel nowhere close to the wheel where extreme camber would affect it. At -14 myself on a 10.5 +0, I'm nowhere near the frame/wall nor my coilover. No rubbing issues on the inside of the wheel well. The fender rubbing is a different story depending on what kind of fitment the person chooses to achieve.

I felt the need to address those two things.

When I had pbm rear lowers, my rears also made a small clunk noise. I never figured out what it was but I had never had issues and only ever heard it going over a bump or turning hard. My suspicions are that the endlink was binding on my pbm lca and made this clunking noise. Maybe a pair of aftermarket adjustable endlinks would solve this issue.

Now some updates on my car: wrapped the car myself and rocking a new set up and ditched the bags and I'm now static on BC coils 18kg/18kg

18x9.5 0 - 215/35 Federal SS595
18x10.5 0 - 225/35 Federal SS595

-10.5 front camber, -14 rear camber.
took my sidemarkers out as well, and now i can full lock without rubbing anything.

Sorry to bring up a really old post, but wheels were these? I can't seem to find the name of them from your old posts.
alexisv1012 is offline   Reply With Quote