Old 08-29-2013, 11:53 AM   #37
Dezoris

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,095 Posts
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal View Post
Just an FYI: A good tuner can calculate the intake temperature after the innovate, its just basic thermo. The concept has been used for years and is explained in Corky Bell's books. There is an IAT sensor solution available for the Innovate for tuners who don't trust adiabatic charts. At +50hp you are adamant that an intercooler is a requirement but you may want to keep an open mind about that. I haven't ruled out the twin screw just yet, the simplicity may prove to be a good thing in the long run.
I am getting tired of this argument.

I have yet to be in or see logs on someone car running 91 or 92 octane that has great performance that would be stable on the track.

It wont safely operate under extended load on 91 or 92. You have to run e85 or meth injection along with fuel system upgrades.

I just watched evo4g63s tune and drama with Tony tuning on 91 then switching to e85.
The car was not happy on 91just was not stable.

It went from 190hp to 230 because of fuel. Issue becomes most anyone running this kit hard needs e85 because of cooling and tuning stability. I understand you dont need an IC and it can be tuned around.

But this kit is sold world wide with an intercooler. Ecutek directly said they dont understand why it is being sold without one. Secondly you lose flexibility of running all fuels safely and running e85 kills your mpg dropping you into the 17 to 19mpg range.

You dont have any of these issues with the vortech which is why its the better kit out of the box on all fuels for street and track and it has more over head.

The Innovate with e85 feels great though amazing torque.