View Single Post
Old 05-03-2020, 04:09 PM   #10
abn

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
#2 here is how you _should_ be doing it. Not sure what you mean @abn about tapping the brakes??

I do pretty much exactly what NA said above. Car in neutral, ebrake up; I press the brake all the way, dis-engage e-brake (still in neutral); clutch in, shifter into first (brake still applied), start bringing your clutch foot up to slip the clutch as usual, start applying some gas as usual.

The thing I'll mention is that the Assist feature doesn't stay engaged very long. I'd say 2 seconds or so. So part of your issue could be you haven't learned the timing yet; this gave me some issues when I first started using it, because I wasn't "quick enough" at first and the Assist would dis-engage before I was slipping the clutch enough to start into 1st smoothly.
Does the car not give you like a stiffened pedal feel? Because by tapping the brake like in my subie, i put car in first gear tap the brakes and brakes stiffen like holds the brake for 3 seconds for me. For the 86 i dont fee the brakes stiffen at all
abn is offline   Reply With Quote