Old 08-11-2022, 07:16 AM   #3311
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,144 Times in 1,989 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
So, what is your military status now? (active duty - active reserves - inactive reserves - other - ?)

I was in the ANG for 6 years, per contract. With an option of 2 years inactive. Either IRR (Federal Army) or ING (CT National Guard) is basically who gets first dibs on my butt, if there was a need for soldiers. I chose ING, easier, better. Or so I thought.

Submitted my 2 years ING package, everything was fine and dandy. But turns out states don't necessarily have to follow big army rules when it comes to inactive soldiers. CT didn't like that I dared to fulfill my contract clauses, and in a way denied my second year of ING, which is where I've been since FEB of 2022. March, April, May, June, July, August, I was technically "Absent", but my NCO simply, to help me out, and tell CT to get fucked, marked me excused. But a soldier cannot, not get paid for more than 90 days while they are in active status, which where I am, as of FEB 2022. So, until FEB of 2023, I can either to some light attendances of duty weekends, or simply answer a "Are you alive" text. My unit is asking, in return of helping me out with Connecticut's BS, is to attend a 3-day duty weekend to train the new soldiers as everyone else with my MOS has left. I accepted because is the least I could do, and I kind of miss everyone. Submitting another ING package at this stage would be a bigger pain, and is not worth it.

So, TLDR, I am technically, but not fully, depending on which component of the Army you ask, sort of active, and sort of inactive.
bcj (08-11-2022), humfrz (08-11-2022), soundman98 (08-11-2022), Ultramaroon (08-11-2022)