Old 05-28-2021, 10:50 PM   #2563
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
Have been on the fence about watching either of those. What did you think?

I suppose I could just watch a bit and give up if I don't like it lol.
So the first is a classic Makoto Shinkai film.

The art is gorgeous, the music is really good (though not quite as good as his other works IMO), and the sound engineering is incredible (but will only be noticeable if you have a 5.1.2 setup or headphones). I thought the story was just so-so honestly. Fortunately it's a shorter length film than his other works, 45 minutes, so a pretty quick watch.

As for Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, I just started it today and got 4 episodes in before the baseball game broadcast started. It's honestly pretty great. The art is mostly great, the music is fantastic (maybe just because I generally enjoy piano classical pieces). The slice-of-life part is a bit on the nose but probably typical for this genre. Not my favorite thing but I'm warming up to it. It feels like the core plot point is a more real-life kind of thing, which makes it more watchable and relatable. The end-game has been fairly predictable to this point at least but I'm enjoying it so far.
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spike021 For This Useful Post:
Spuds (05-28-2021)