Old 11-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
iBRZ
fanboy

Drives: SWP Limited BRZ AT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
iBRZ: it begins.

One of the frontiers left unconquered by Steve Jobs was the car.

Fanboy that I am, I can tell you that the last industrial genius hired onto the design team at Apple was from Audi. Apple's SVP Eddie Cue very recently joined the Ferrari board too. So who knows... maybe they're still working on it. Either way, I think, the Toyobaru twins would have been something that made Steve smile.

To me, it's the subtleties. The classic homage to Maserati/Aston Martin lines (and of course, the A86). And, how about rear wheel drive!! Or, the trunk fascia with its slight indents just waiting for the reverse camera to be installed in the driveway of a some enthusiast armed with some zip ties and wire cutters. And, of course, the attention to detail; like being able to reverse the headrests to accomodate a helmeted driver. Or the JDM exhaust openings being 86mm, exactly matching the bore and stroke of a completely new boxer engine.

Ultimately this car seems to mark a recommitment to something great; the marriage of creativity & passion sitting at the intersection of engineering and design. And, we've been given an amazing platform to invent new ways to experience the car -- and driving. Affordably even. So, if that's not perfection, I'm not sure what is.

Today, after a ton of researching, shopping with spreadsheets, calling dealerships all over the country -- and waiting -- I'll finally be joining the fray. She's loaded up & heading to my Los Angeles home this weekend from Madison, Wisconsin of all places. Who knew?

I'm super stoked to be in this forum as an owner now. I'll be learning a ton from all of you. I hope I can add to the community as well. And this will be my journal.

Special Thanks to Shannon and Michael @ Don Miller East (these guys were awesome, and I got my car for a great price)
Attached Images

Last edited by iBRZ; 11-28-2012 at 08:02 PM.
iBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iBRZ For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (12-10-2012), Guff (11-30-2012), Jedi1 (11-27-2012), Turbowned (12-01-2012)